10c Viking Sword scabbard, five-lobed pommel, practical blunt
Ex Tax: 199.00€
Product Code: 110107
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 18. Please provide your birth date when ordering. We'll also need a scanned copy of your ID-card or passport sent to email@example.com by e-mail.
10c. Viking Sword, with five-lobed pommel and scabbard, practical blunt
Beautiful reconstruction of a Viking sword from the 10th century, based on archeological finds made in England. In the 8th century already, isolated groups of Vikings would sporadically descend on the British coasts in search of easy loot. However, from the 9th century on, the Scandinavians altered their strategy and started conquering land and settling in England.
This sword is exclusively hand-crafted. The guard and the characteristic pommel with five bulges are made out of heat-treated malleable cast iron. The blade is hand-riveted to the pommel. The hilt is leather-strapped. The spring steel blade is oil-tempered to approx. 48° Rockwell and has a distinctive fuller which offers both great flexibility and a lesser weight. The edges of the blade are blunt and the tip is rounded for safety. The beautiful wooden scabbard is leather-wrapped and features a wooden belt loop (max. belt width 5 cm) as well as a richly adorned brass chape.
- Battle-ready Sword Category: SK-B
- Blade material: spring steel EN45, heat-treated
- Rockwell hardness of blade: 48-50° HRC
- Overall length: approx. 95.5 cm
- Blade length: approx. 79 cm
- Max. blade width: approx. 43 mm
- Point of Balance: approx. 16 cm from the guard
- Including leather-wrapped wooden scabbard
- Weight (without scabbard): approx. 1200 g