We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 18. Please provide your birth date when ordering. We'll also need a scanned copy of your ID-card or passport sent to email@example.com by e-mail.
John Lee Kei-Ben-Iaito
Masterpiece of Asian forge-craft
- Blade is hand-forged from stainless steel and hardened
- Blunt blade includes a fuller (Bo-Hi)
- Hilt (Tsuka) is made from wood and covered with original ray (Same) skin
- Traditional hilt wrapping (Tsuka-Ito) from cotton
- Tsuba from zinc-aluminium-casting pictures a flower-motif
- Two pins (Mekugi) attached to the hilt
- Sheath (Saya) from wood
- Blade collar (Habaki) from brass
- Manufactured following historical examples
laido is a modern Japanese martial art, in which sword-drawing movements and attack-techniques in exactly defined forms (Kata) are practised, usually using a Iaito, a blunt practical sword. The main emphasis in laido is on the untity of body, mind and sword (Ki-Ken-Tai-Ichi). The ultimate mastership was reached in controlling all combat situations without even drawing the sword. The name Kei-Ben describes the sword’s simple and convenient form.
- Blade length to Tsuba: approx. 73.5 cm
- Total length without sheath: approx. 101 cm
- Hilt length: approx. 27 cm
- Weight without sheath: approx. 1100 g
- Weight with sheath: approx. 1350 g
This sword will be delivered with a seal to guarantee the originality. You’ll get this sword wrapped in a cloth bag.