This item is sold on a pre-order basis. Such order is executed in a period from 3 to 50 working days. Returns of quality goods are not accepted.
The look and cut of this tunic are based on archeological finds dating back to the 11th century. However, it is not a one-to-one reproduction.
The Nederfrederiksmose Man, also known as Kragelund Man or Fredriksdal Man, was found in 1898 near the locality of Kragelund in Denmark. He was the first bog body photographically documented on the find spot. He wore a tunic, short leather boots and was bare-legged.
Our knee-length tunic is made from sturdy cotton canvas and adorned with ornamental stitches sewn by hand. It is elaborately finished and designed as an outer garment. So-called gores (wedge-shaped pieces of fabric) inserted into the center front and back panels and into the side seams give the tunic a nice flare from the hip down. The sleeves' unconventional tailoring shows in the combination of wide-cut upper arms and regular-cut forearms.
This tunic is ideal for the portrayal of Norsemen. For an authentic look, we recommend you to wear it with a leather belt.
- Available sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Material: 100% cotton
- Length overall size L: approx. 119 cm (measured from the centre back neck down to the bottom hem)
- Care instructions: Machine wash at 40°C, gentle cycle, do not tumble dry
|Size Chart - Men - Tunic|
How to find the right size:
- To take your body measurements correctly in order to determine you clothing size, please always wrap the measuring tape horizontally around your body at the fullest part.
- For tops, sizes are based on your chest circumference.
- If you happen to fall between two sizes, we recommend that you go up a size.
- Ease is included in the pattern and reflected in the finished measurements.
Delivery includes the tunic only! The other items pictured above are available separately in our online shop.